Monday, December 7

Project Antivent - Day Seven

Something a little different now, since this list isn't all loud and angry combat themes (just most of it). Hometown is the ending theme from Silent Hill 3. It's basically a re-imagining of the opening theme from the original Silent Hill as sung by Joe Romsera. I could've gone the easy route and thrown up You're Not Here, or any one of a thousand pieces of music from SH2, but that would've been obvious, and in case it's escaped yout attention, obvious is not how we do things around here! In any case, I found Hometown hideously cheesy at first, and frankly, still do. But it's grown on me over the years, and even though I cheerfully take the piss out of it while singing along, its still one of my favourite songs from the game, and the series as a whole.

No comments: